|Castrol Molub-AlloyTM 860 ES 220-1 greases are high-performance multi-service lithium complex greases formulated from premium petroleum base oils, lubricating solids and a combination of corrosion inhibitors specifically chosen for protection against corrosive process waters. These are designed to extend the service life of bearings in heavy-duty applications and at elevated temperatures. Molub-Alloy 860 ES 220-1 greases provide an appropriate oil film for applications at slower to moderate speeds, higher loads, and/or higher temperatures sustained for longer periods of time.
The load-carrying and anti-wear capabilities of Molub-Alloy 860 ES 220-1 greases exceed conventional complex greases. High-performance is the result of chemical additives working synergistically with select Molub-Alloy lubricating solids which are dispersed uniformly throughout the grease. These lubricating solids offer their greatest benefit at slow speeds or when bearings endure heavy loads and shocks. Solids also protect newly machined bearing surfaces during the critical period of ‘running in’. Good bearing surfaces are essential for long service life.
- Excellent friction reduction characteristics due to Molub-Alloy solid lubricants – easier start-up, reduced heat, and reduced energy leading to longer bearing life.
- Exceptional water resistance – coating film stays on the surface even in presence of water, even when exposed to the action of hot and chemically active process water.
- Excellent EP and anti-wear properties – protects equipment against extreme/shock loading and helps minimize bearing component wear and hence extends equipment life.
- Excellent mechanical stability and adhesion – grease keeps its consistency in service ensuring long-term protection and reduced consumption as film stays between lubricated surfaces.
- Outstanding oxidation/thermal stability and high dropping point – provides reliable performance and extended lubricant life in high-temperature applications.
- Formulated to address environmental concerns – it is free of antimony, barium, lead, and zinc.
Applications: Primary metals, including steel – use Molub-Alloy 860 ES 220-1 greases near hot ingots, soaking pits, and reheat furnaces to lubricate pit cover carriages, mill stand screws, slipper couplings, roll bearings, manipulators and guide rolls for continuous casters.
Paper and forest products – on paper machines, use Molub-Alloy 860 ES 220-1 greases on the ‘wet end’ couch, suction, and press roll bearings where water wash, corrosive process waters, and high temperatures are present.
Molub-Alloy 860 ES 220-1 greases have been used successfully in all heavy-duty industry applications including anti-friction bearings, bushings, mill rolls and couplings.
- Molub-Alloy 860 ES 220-1 greases should be used when loads are moderate-to-heavy, temperatures are elevated (up to 232°C/450°F) and speeds are slow-to-moderate